Lower Umpqua Fly Casters Forum
November 20, 2017, 09:08:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Use this link to return to the Lower Umpqua Fly Casters home page. www.lufc.us

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Club Bay Fishing Outing  (Read 9947 times)
Cliff

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2008, 04:16:59 PM »

12 members of the club met on Saturday in Charleston with great weather to spend a day fishing for rock fish and crabbing.  Thank goodness the crabs were willing because the rock fish were not.  Tom Timothy caught the only fish of the day, but we had quite a few crabs.  By late morning we were at a picnic table with two pots boiling with crabs.  We had a lot of great side dishes and desserts, and our fill of crab.  Even though the fish didnot bite it was a very fun day with good food and fellowship.
Thomas Timothy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 04:29:56 PM »

Cliff, I agree it was a good time even if the fish did not show up for us. But it was a crab feed and we had enough crab left over for everyone to take some crab home after the lunch. I'm sure the problem with the fishing was the large plankin bloom. As I'm sure you noticed it was hard even to see into the water. But as always there is a silver lining to the plankin, the plankin will create a lot of protein for the food chain. So will have more fish to catch at a later date.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: